We found a great website for cool coctails for every occasion! Check out cocktailtimes.com
– 2 oz Stoli vodka
– 1/4 oz pumpkin puree
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 2 oz orange juice
Place a large soup pot filled with water on the stove to boil. Carve the tops from the pumpkins and set aside. Scope out the interior and seeds, leaving a think shell. Discard the seeds and flesh, or use in another recipe. Place the pumpkins in the boiling water and boil for about a minute. Remove and drain. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Strain into the pumpkin. Serve with a black straw.
– 2 oz bourbon
– 3 oz orange juice
– juice of half lemon
– Ginger ale
– Garnish: Halloween olive
Mix bourbon, orange juice and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour into a tall glass. Top with ginger ale and garnish with Halloween-faced olives. (To make the Halloween olives, choose large unpitted green olives)
– 1 part 42 Below vodka
– 2 parts dark grape juice
– 1 teaspoon of raw sugar
– 4 slices of fresh ginger
– 4 blackberries
Garnish: 2 blackberries
In a mixing glass, muddle together blackberries, ginger and sugar, add vodka and dark grape juice. Fill with ice, shake well, and strain into a chilled Martini glass. Garnish with 2 blackberries.
Filed under Food, Holidays
Bri-ecolo Idea: dinosaurs pick-candy for Halloween: It is a great idea to take a look around your home for ideas to recreate this Halloween. For example, here we use an empty laundry soap pitcher and turn into a pretty pitcher-shaped dinosaur, which will be used to collect candy on Halloween night.
Bri-ecolo idea: Pitcher has an Halloween candy: Here is another idea using Tide’s laundry soap container. Get creative and match which ever costume you are planning to wear for the night.
Here is a fun craft, a monstrous spider made from recycled materials.
– End of fabric, felt, cardboard color …
– 8 Swabs
– Seeds of spices: pink pepper, cardamom, star anise,
– Modeling clay, blue gum (sticker)
Black Cat of Halloween :
– Empty container of liquid laundry
– Paint: black, white, pink
– Tennis ball or other round
– 6 toothpicks
– Felt, piece of cloth, cardboard color
– Buttons recovered
– Hot glue
These tips will save you money and allow for quality time with children. Enjoy!
Halloween is a time to be creative and express your alter-ego. Once you have discovered your Halloween party personality, start brainstorming of ideas that will bring your vision to life. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
“Hollywood Heaven” is a theme where guests are invited to participate in dressing up as their favorite deceased star.
- Costume Examples include: Elvis, Michael Jackson, Che Guevara, Bob Marley, Celia Cruz, DJ AM, Farrah Fawcett, Aaliyah, Big Pun, Hector Lavoe, Selena, Babe Ruth, Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy or any of the Kennedy’s, George Washington, Dr. Martin Luther King, Al Capone, Mother Theresa, Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Anna Nichole Smith, Heath Ledger and so on. There can be a prize for the best dressed participant.
- A signature drink could be a magic potion called, “Alive Forever”, hence the meaning of these stars living forever.
- Decor can be based on Hollywood Glam, with shimmering stars and a color scheme of black, white and gold.
A “Haunted House” is always an exciting event, but encourage guests to come as something dead.
- Costumes can incorporate dead brides and grooms, zombies, witches, monsters, ghosts, goblins, vampires and so on. Ask guests to be creative. Dead costumes can be sexy, scary, realistic, gory, or cartoonish.
- Decor will include a fog throughout the house, coffins, bats, and a potion mixing bowl for a witch, and so on.
- It is important to remember that the decor in front of the house should be just as spook-tacular as the inside.
- Visit hauntedprops.com for more exciting decorations for your home or venue.
The vampire craze is a pop culture phenomenon and on this day you can experience the latest rage.
- Whether you would like to create your own vampire costume, or dress as Bella and Edward or Sookie and Bill, think outside of the box to create a unique look.
- Be sure to serve True Blood to your blood thirsty guests!
Another idea could be “Arabian Nights”. It could be another suggestion for those who do not want to participate in haunted or dead activities.
- Guests can dress up as gypsies or story tellers.
- Decor can include camels, belly dancers, pyramids and so on.
- Decorate with planety of colors, sequences, pillows, dim lighting, a “magic” carpet, blankets, fake snakes, gene lamps, etc.
- A good idea is to rent a tent and decorate it as a palace.
Be sure to follow our blog tomorrow and the rest of the week for tips to make this Halloween like no other.
As my friend Marley Majcher, The Party Goddess, (http://thepartygoddess.com/) mentioned lots of parties are snoozers and Halloween events are no exception. She mentioned to me, “Why not mix up the activities a little bit and ensure guests of all ages have a ball!” She was right. So let’s get started:
• Create! Paint and decorate small pumpkins with markers, feathers and gems. Mini-pumpkins come in orange or white, so be sure to pick up at least one of each.
• Design! Pick up a bunch of plain masks that the kids can color, glue and embellish on the spot.
• Discover! Think Easter egg hunt in October. Hide mini-pumpkins around the yard (or house if the weather is bad.) Award a prize for the child who finds the most.
• Bake! Decorate a haunted ginger bread house (or cupcakes) with black frosting and tons of fabulous candies. If the ginger bread house is too complicated, just decorate cookies in the shape of pumpkins, ghosts and witches.
• Destroy! Hang a Halloween piñata stuffed with goodies in the yard and have the kid’s swing away. If you want to get really devilish and the children are a little older, have the piñata be a ghoulish head hanging from a “noose.”
• Adorn! Bring in the experts or do it yourself. Have face painters on hand to create instant face masks and someone to apply cool tattoos for the boys.
• Imagine! No matter how old or young we are, everyone loves to take a peek into the future. Tarot and palm readers will create all of the Halloween intrigue anyone needs.