Have you ever looked at your trashcan after everyone has opened all of their gifts during the holiday season? Just one look and you have to admit it is an awful amount of garbage. This year consider the following ideas as you wrap each gift.
Everyone knows that green is the new black, but not everyone knows how to put a green touch to their holidays. We did some research and found so many creative ideas.
1) First, lets explore the Wrap Sack. They have unique reusable gift bags that come in six different sizes. The best part about these drawstring gift bags, is that they come with a tracking number which allows you to track the history of your wrap sack!
2) Aside from the gift bag, Wrap Sack offers reusable greeting cards. You simply replace the sheet inside when you are ready to reuse it.
3) An eco-friendly way to gift wrap is to make your own by using left over fabric or old sheets. Chewing the Cud offers reusable fabric gift wraps; each one with a gesture of giving: Give Love, Give Luck, Give Wisdom.
4) Wrap a gift with a gift. For example, you may purchase a scarf or decorative towel and then use it to wrap a bottle of wine. Or a coffee cup or canister to hold another gift such as jewelry.
5) Shuffle through old magazines, maps, calendars and newspapers throughout the house and select pictures that connect with the personality of the person whom you have bought a gift for. If that person is a traveler, use an old map to wrap their gift!
6) The comic section of the newspaper is an old idea but works wonders.
7) Place your gift inside of a tote or insulated grocery bag. Both of these items will be reused over and over!
8) For bows, switch to reusable hair ribbons or flowers. Take a walk outside or at your local park. You will find true beauties from our very own land such as pinecones, acorn, changing color leaves and so on.