Pool party’s can always be taken up a notch- Here are some tips to keep in mind for the next party you might want to throw.
Colors to think of this season
The bright colors are in this summer season and so are the people strutting their stuff on the beach …so make sure to grab a lounge chair under the shade and start cooling off.
Choose an amazing Location
The Venetian Pool
The Epic Hotel
Get Creative with Food and Beverages
– Lime Sherbet
– Vanilla ice cream or Pineapple sherbet
– Red/Pink-colored sherbet…I couldn’t find this, so I bought Raspberry/Pineapple/Orange swirl sherbet, mixed it up with red food coloring and it was perfect!
– Mini chocolate chips
1. For each flavor, you’ll let the sherbet/ice cream soften for a few minutes before using. The red sherbet should be mixed with the mini chocolate chips.
2. Use a round springform pan. You may want to line the bottom of the pan with wax paper or parchment paper if you plan to transfer the entire “pie” to another dish before serving. I served the slices on plates straight out of the freezer, so I didn’t line the pan. It’s actually cuter sliced!
3. Starting with lime, spread a ring of sherbet around the edge of the springform pan – about 2 inches high (or taller if you want!), and about 1-2 inches wide from the outside edge of the pan.
4. Put pan in freezer to harden lime layer.
5. Repeat step 3 with the vanilla, but make the layer much thinner – maybe 1/2 inch. Use a butter knife to flatten the top, even-ing out the lime with the vanilla. Put pan in freezer to harden again.
6. Repeat step 3 with the red/chocolate chip sherbet. Fill the rest of the pan, then use a butter knife to flatten the top. Freeze!
7. When it’s time to eat, run a knife around the edge of the pan before popping off the outside of the springform pan. Use a nice thin-blade knife to slice.
From Make and Takes – Check out the link for serving recommendations.
60ml sweet vermouth
40ml fresh lemon juice
2 dashes angostura bitters
500ml good quality lemonade or ginger ale
Take a two-pint pitcher, half fill with ice and add the garnish fruits. These should be lemon, lime, orange, apple, cucumber, strawberries and mint, but anything else goes! Add the alcoholic ingredients and stir; fill up the pitcher with ice and add the lemonade. Serve in chilled glasses and (depending on your generosity) with fruit forks.
Theme It, Of Course !
Source: Karperks, For your Inspiration
- Throw some inexpensive floats in bright colors into the pool to encourage everyone to jump in. photo by Amy
- Serve light appetizers that are easy to make and eat. Pork Lettuce Wraps from Food Network
- Decorate the rooms leading out to your pool with vibrant textiles, whimsical art and fresh fruit centerpieces to match the party. photo from Coastal Living (Troy Campbell)
- Give table settings for this casual party a tropical punch with solid table cloths and napkins in bold hues. photo from Amorology via All Things Lovely
- Every pool party, beach party, summer party needs drink parasols…so fun! cocktail parasols from Oriental Trading Company
- An old-fashioned soda bar keeps you cooled off in the summer heat. photo from Jordan Ferney
- Your pool party invitations don’t have to scream “pool party.” Make the simple, graphic and bright. pool pinwheel invitations from Paper Source
- Hibiscus-print dinnerware. What could be more tropical than that? hibiscus outdoor bowls from Pier 1
- If the party lasts past dark, hang these votive holders to add some sparkle. moon garden votive jam jar from Anthropologie
- Pass out striped cocktail napkins to guest lounging in the pool. napkins from Plum Party
Get carried away with ideas for your next pool party with friends or family and get with the VIBE.