As a European woman, I understand the tantalizing effects that take over your mind, body and soul at the mention of the word “Chocolate.” Each bite and each taste is equal to a sensual seduction. The temptation is so deep, that refusing is absolutely impossible! Chocolate, a divine creation, is considered the food of the Gods. It’s no wonder it is such a perfected and heavenly experience.
In honor of this exquisite aphrodisiac, a 3-day event is dedicated to entice our taste buds and palate. Paris presents Salon Du Chocolat, an event so successful it now also takes place in New York, Japan, China, and Russia with two new cities added to the list; Cairo (Egypt) and Madrid (Spain). Salon Du Chocolate unites fashion and chocolate while also contributing to “The Voice of the Children”. This year the show celebrates its 15th Paris Consumer Chocolate show and the event will take place from October 14 – 18. The trade show has attracted over 2 million loyal chocolate lovers and allows chocolate professionals a communication platform.
What to expect from the Salon Du Chocolat trade show:
- A fashion show with designs made from, yes you guessed it, chocolate!
- Music including opera, operetta and musical comedy
- Demonstrations by top chefs
- Tasting sessions for new products and novelties
- Exhibitors from all over the world including Germany, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Great Britain, Japan, Italy, Russia, Syria, Switzerland, Sweden, Bolivia, Gabon, Mexico, São Tomé & Principe and Venezuela.
Check out a video from last year’s fashion show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7bnOyWOFM
For our local readers, we invite you to the Chocolate Festival at the Aventura Mall, Sunday, October 18, from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. The event was inspired by Chef Rick in effort to raise funds for the Children’s Craniofacial Association. For more information contact: 305-935-1110
What to expect from the Chocolate Festival:
- Chocolate inspired fashion show produced by Miami Art Institute
- Chocolate Super Bowl trophy silent auction
- 17 vendors to sell chocolate, cupcakes, cookies, etc
- Kids Corner
- Carving of a 35 lb. chocolate
Stay in tune with us for tomorrow’s blog on how to create your own Chocolate Theme party!